[kde-linux] Adobe Reader 7 won't display in Firefox

Rick Friedman RickFriedman at verizon.net
Wed Oct 26 12:55:50 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 00:07 -0700, Thomas Taylor wrote:
> For some reason I am unable to get a pdf document to display in Firefox.  I
> downloaded the Reader 7 and installed it including the plugin for
> Mozilla/Firefox.  Entering about:plugins in the url bar shows that the reader
> is there (nppdf.so) and all the modes are enabled.
>
> All I get is a blank screen.  I can go to File > Save Page As and it saves as
> a pdf which I can open with the Reader program.
>
> The associations have been set in control center.  I'm not sure where to go
> from here.  Any suggestions?

I had this same problem on my Debian machine. It turned out that the
acroread binary wasn't in my path. Once I realized that, I created a
symlink in my path to acroread. Since then, Firefox displays pdf files
perfectly.

Rick
--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's
too dark to read." - Groucho Marx