[kde-linux] Active desktop border oddity/problem

Paul Kaplan pkaplan1 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 21 01:08:56 UTC 2005

I'm having the following problem with kde3.4.2 running on mandriva 2006.  In
all previous releases when I used multiple desktops and enabled active
borders to enable desktop switching, the "live" edge of the screen was the
left and right side giving the illusion that the multiple desktops were
arranged side by side.  With the current setup, it is the top and bottom edge
of the screen that are live giving the illusion that the desktops are
arranged one above the other.  I'm using the same xorg.conf file I used
previously.
Can anyone suggest a fix?  I prefer the side by side arrangement.
TIA
Paul