[kde-linux] Pine and KMail Questions

Merton Campbell Crockett mcc at CATO.GD-AIS.COM
Sat Oct 15 20:08:51 UTC 2005

Thanks to responses from the list I have started a transition from Pine to
KMail.  The transition isn't complete.

I am using SuSE Linux 9.3 Professional, KDE 3.4 level b, and KMail 1.8.

   (1)	Is there a way to incorporate a Pine addressbook into KMail aside
	from the labour intensive approach?
   (2)	I have a desktop system at work and one at home, how do I keep the
	mail configurations synchronised?  Pine provided the capability to
	store address books and configuration on the IMAP server so that
	changes made at home would be picked up on the office system and
	vice versa.
   (3)	Pine provided a mechanism to identify all mail addresses that are
	mine and would automatically remove these when I did a reply all.
	Mail is relayed from other corporate mail servers to the system
	that I use for reading mail.  Mail addresses in the mail heeader
	are not rewritten.  Is there a way to specify multiple addreses
	as being equivalent in KMail?
   (4)	A lot of my mail includes gzip'ped attachments.  In Pine, I can
	open these to review the contents, KMail wants me to save them
	to disk.  Is there a way to have KMail open these without saving
	to the local disk?

Merton Campbell Crockett

--
BEGIN:				vcard