[kde-linux] Fwd: default desktop for all users

James White james at resolutionit.ca
Fri Oct 14 12:27:31 UTC 2005

On October 14, 2005 02:50 am, Robert Cole wrote:

> No one has any idea how to default KDM to a specific desktop? I know it
> retains the last choice for each user but I need to lock the choice to just
> one and use that when a new user logs in the first time.

No, I'm with you Robert.  If I want to roll KDE out to 1400 desktops tomorrow
- I do NOT want to have my techs then go to 1400 users and try to repair the
damage that will result in the CHAOS of an unmanaged desktop environment.

I believe that KDE has a tool for this.  It just seems so intuitive.  Let's
keep looking.  It must exist ;-)

Or we must make it  (obviously an IT professional is capable of a "scripted"
solution, so let's make the world a better place!).

--
James White

Don't blame ME if you cannot read this email...
  It probably means that you have chosen to use a
  MICROSOFT program that ignores the rules.
     --- James White

You can rate my performance at:
http://rate.affero.net/frozenJim/ResolutionIT.ca/