[kde-linux] Coding with kde and qtdesign

Sylviane & Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Mon Oct 10 03:48:46 UTC 2005

On Sunday 09 October 2005 19:21, nick gardner wrote:
> I am new with linux and interested in coding in linux
> and wanted to  know how i could code behind the forms
> developed with kde or qt design.
> Nick writes

Not sure I understand what you mean by "behind the forms
developed with kde or qt design".
If you plan on using a form you havent created yourself you need the source
code. It is easier (or I know better how to) if you have the .ui file created
by designer. Designing the form yourself with Qt Designer is very easy and
you can even have it perform some simple actions without coding.
All it takes is to install Qt devel package and follow the tutorial.
The tutorial also explains ways to add code by subclassing or in the .ui.h
file (which is in fact a cpp file) but does not teach you the c language.

Hope that helps           Perry