[kde-linux] USB and cheap camera

dawizz wwwillem at zonnet.nl
Tue Oct 4 16:08:31 UTC 2005

Dear all,

My challenge:

On a debian unstable, kernel 2.6.12-1-k7 and KDE 3.4.2
I am trying to connect to a nice toy digital camera, the Trust 550 Powerc at m.

But I do not get far.

When I connect the camera to my hardware
(ASUS A7V8X-MX mobo and AMD Athlon 1200) I can see
a detection on a scsi device, like it knows the camera:

-----------------------> KDE Info Center tells me @ node 'SCSI' :

Attached devices:
	HOST: scsi0 Channel: 00 id: 00 Lun: 00
		Vendor: Trust550 Model: PowerC at M Rev: 1.00
		Type: Direct-Access 	ANSI SCSI revision: 02

I can connect to this camera on other OS's as a memory disk,
like a USB memory stick.

Does anyone have a nice tip?
I installed the full kde, a lot of libraries, Qt3, and some USB and filesystem
related drivers within modconf. And I realy do not know what the next step
should be.

With regards, Willem Greveling