[kde-linux] French spelling in KMail

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Sat Nov 26 18:22:51 UTC 2005

Hi list

This is KMail 1.8 (KDE 3.4.0 SUSE 9.3)
The system was configured with English as a primary language and French as an
additional one. The spellchecker is on International Ispell.

No problems in English,
but when I select French the As-you-type spell checking does not work :
sometimes about every other word is highlighted in red or I have the message
Too many misspelled words. As-you-type spell checking disabled.
(the spelling is correct, when I run the spell checker from menu all the words
are recognized)

Any suggestions,  what about configuring Aspell or Hspell?

Perry