[kde-linux] Backing up your Linux PC

Bogus Zaba bogzab at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 07:39:49 UTC 2005

Werner Joss wrote:

>>I am running Fedora 4. I have two disk drives. I would like to create a
>>backup image of the primary disk (the one with Linux) to the secondary
>>disk. What free software would you recommend?
>>
>>  I see that Arkeia has a free license if you back up less that 50 GB. I
>>certainly qualify for that. I was wondering if Arkeia is too complicated
>>for what s/b a simple task. Any comments on your Arkeia experience would
>>be appreciated.
>>

>arkeia is overkill for that task.
>have a look at konserve - http://konserve.sf.net
>
>werner

Does anybody know whether this solution (konserve) is also suitable for
disk cloning? I am looking at replacing my existing main hard drive with
the inevitable bigger one and need to clone everything on the existing
one  (linux and windows partitions) to the new one. Or are there other
tools which do this type of job?

Bogus