[kde-linux] restoring Kontact data

Paul Brannon pbbrannon at verizon.net
Fri Nov 18 20:31:12 UTC 2005

Hi,

I just did a clean install of Mandriva 2006 (previously did an upgrade),
copied all of my Home files (hidden too) to a cd and now am trying to get all
of my Kontact data back - - Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc...

Since I did an upgrade from Mandrake 10.2 -> 2006 -> Mandriva 2006, I am
concerned about just copying .kde to the new .kde.

I've moved some of my mail files from the cd
to /home/paul/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/.inbox.directory.  I now have my
folder structure back in mail, all my mail seems to have made the trip, but
when I click on a mail, I get "No Subject" and the email is empty.

I figured I'd better stop and try to get some help.

Thanks in advance.