[kde-linux] Wayward window

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Nov 18 08:10:27 UTC 2005

On Friday 18 Nov 2005 02:07, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> Everytime I boot KDE (3.4.2 on Mandriva 2006) I get a kmix window
> that appears behind the KDE splash screen and then stays open.
> (After KDE starts the window behaves normally.)  This happens even if
> kmix isn't open or in the system tray when I shut down.  Deleting all
> ~/.kde/share/config/kmixrc and ~/.kde/share/config/kmixctrlrc doesn't
> help.
> How do I kill?

If you haven't already done so, try this.

kcontrol > Components > Session Manager > Restore Manually Saved
Session.

That will put a Save Session entry into your kmenu.  Then shut down
every application except ones that you want to start automatically.
Check that your try and taskbar have everything you want at startup,
then from kmenu, Save Session.  Next time you start it should look
exactly as it does at the moment you saved it.

Mandriva hints & tips: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org