[kde-linux] help with programs windows size

Dale dalek at exceedtech.net
Sat Nov 5 20:03:58 UTC 2005

Adi Spivak wrote:

> hello
> i really need your help, and if i missed some vital info or did not
> explain myself enough please let me know what is missing and i will
> provied that info.
>
> now my problem.
> i am using slackware 10.2 and kde 3.4.3 and kernel 2.6.13.
> some of the kde program or setting windows (like korginazer, kpilot,
> kde settings and so on), when opened are "huge".
> what i mean by that is that the program window is bigger the the
> screen some tenfold. it will not let me resize the program window
> so it would "fit" in screen and i can see all the information the
> program provieds and to reach from one side of the program window to
> the other i need to drag and drop it from side to side for a minute or
> so to reach the other side.
> i checked kde desktop setting and it is set to 1024X768 with 60hrz
> refresh rate.
> so is the x.
> what can couse this problem?
> and more importantly, how do i fix that? it is a real pain to drag and
> drop the korginazer window for example just to see this day or that.
> thanks for your help, and if i missed somthing or did not explian
> enough please let me know what you need to undrestand and i will give it.
> Adi

You can right click on the title bar and select Advanced >>> Special
window settings.  Check in there to see what is check off, things like
Geometry >>> Size would be a good place to start.

I'm not sure that will fix it but it is a place to look.

Dale
:-)

--
To err is human, I'm most certainly human.