[kde-linux] DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Jul 30 01:04:20 UTC 2005

I switched my SVN 'trunk/KDE' to 'branches/KDE/3.5' and although I had
some problems with SVN, I now have KDELibs and KDEBase built and installed.

However, it won't run -- KDE won't start.  I seem to have the:

DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket

problem. :-(

I have this set up the same way for the user: KDE_Test that I had with
'trunk'.  KDE-3.5 is installed with a separate prefix: /usr/kde-3.5 and
my .bash_profile includes:

	PATH=/usr/kde3.5/bin:$PATH
	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/kde3.5/lib
	KDEDIR=/usr/kde3.5
	KDEHOME=$HOME/.kde
	export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH KDEDIR KDEHOME

My output from "startkde" is attached.

What should I check?

--
JRT