[kde-linux] KDE fails to start

andrew kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 24 06:22:41 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 01:54, cwh wrote:
> On entering my user name and password the log-in box disappears but nothing
> else happens.

Well one of your problems is that linux is going into a failsafe mode and
place the outline etc. Instead of typing kde try typing startkde.

Your whole kdm login setup seems to be corrupt. I learnt a long time ago not
to believe users who say they reformatted and reinstalled and it does the
same thing. If that was true then either your install disks are corrupt or
else everyone else would be having the same problem..

I advise you to reinstall including wiping your home and opt partitions if
they are separate.

--
regards,

andrew.