[kde-linux] Konqueror won't execute "ssh-add"

Matthew Seitz seitz at neopathnetworks.com
Thu Jul 21 17:51:02 UTC 2005

I am trying to run "ssh-add" from "~/.kde/Autostart".

I can run the program from the console:

[seitz at demo5 ~]$ /usr/bin/ssh-add
Enter passphrase for /home/seitz/.ssh/id_rsa:

But if I try to run it from Autostart or Konqueror, it will not run.  Instead,
Konqueror asks me which program I want to use to open "ssh-add"

Note:  on my system (Centos 4.1), "ssh-add" is identified as a shared library:

[seitz at demo5 ~]$ file /usr/bin/ssh-add
/usr/bin/ssh-add: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
stripped

Here is my Konqueror version information:

[seitz at demo5 ~]$ konqueror --version
Qt: 3.3.3
KDE: 3.3.1-3.10 Red Hat
Konqueror: 3.3.1-5.5 Red Hat