[kde-linux] kmenu and kcontrol are empty!

Fabricio Gava de A. Jorge fabriciogava at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 20:07:10 UTC 2005

Hi,
I installed KDE 3.4.1 from source on Linux From Scratch, it is running
ok, except for kmenu and kcontrol. These are empty. I installed KDE
following the documentation, installed arts, kdelibs, kdebase, kdeadmin,
kdenetwork, kdemultimedia, kdegraphics, kdeutils, kdeartwork, kdeaddons
and kde-i18n-ptBR. I ran kbuildsycoca and it gave me no errors, but the
problem remains. No programs from the installed kde packages are on the
menu, but I installed separately Kvirc, and its icon appers on kmenu.
Kmenuedit can be opened only from terminal, and when opened it shows
some folders, but all empty and in english (the default is portuguese).
I opened kcontrol from terminal, and I could see:
WARNING: No K menu group with X-KDE-BaseGroup=settings found !
Defaulting to Settings

but I don't know if there is any relation with the problem.
All users have this problems, even root.
Other programs like Konqueror and Kate, seem to work properly.

Thanks in advance,
Fabricio

--
Rediscover the Web