[kde-linux] tcl/tk window popup issue

john_ozarchuk at goodyear.com john_ozarchuk at goodyear.com
Mon Jul 11 17:15:47 UTC 2005

The focus settings on KDE 3.2.1 do not fix this issue.  We have tried every combination of Focus and Focus stealing prevention level.
Supposedly KDE3.4 has more window options.

Thanks,

John
TCO RD&E Technical Consulting Analyst
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
(330) 796-7928  x7-7928
john_ozarchuk at goodyear.com

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information.
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without the Expressed Written Consent of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company

             Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>

             07/11/05 11:23 AM                                                                                                     To
                                                               kde-linux at kde.org
                                                                                                                                   cc
                         Please respond to
                For people using KDE on Linux with                                                                            Subject
                    related questions/problems                 Re: [kde-linux] tcl/tk window popup issue
                        <kde-linux at kde.org>

On Monday 11 July 2005 14:26, andrew kar wrote:

> KDE does not need to run with the kwin window manager. Check your
> startkde script (near the end) to see how to run kde with a window
> manager of your choice. Depending on how your distro modified their
> startkde script you can either start another wm by setting a variable or
> else use the ksessionmanager -windowmanager switch.

Additionally it could be a matter of adjusting the level of the "focus
stealing prevention" (control center->desktop->window properties)

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>