[kde-linux] CD automatic mounting and browsing in KDE upon cd insertion

Benjamin Sher delphi123 at zebra.net
Sat Jul 9 19:08:46 UTC 2005

Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:

>Amos Tibaldi wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>I would like to control the behavior that makes the KDE file manager
>>(Konqueor) start when I place a CD in the CDROM and browse the newly
>>mounted CD location. Someone in the list says this is dued to an
>>"automounter", and I don't think that he would refer to autofs, since the
>>

>[...]
>

>>konstruct). I use Fedora Core 1.b, and have read in the mailing list that
>>in SUSE 9.1 is possible to configure the SuSEPlugger in order to obtain
>>the desired effect; does anyone knows how to do this in Fedora?
>>

>Googling for "automount KDE" gave me:
>
>http://www.redhat.com/archives/valhalla-list/2003-March/msg00976.html
>
>This *should* install the package that Michael refers to:
>
># yum install autorun
>
>Or install it from your install discs.
>
>Hope this helps!
>
>-gabriel

Go to your home directory and look for the hidden directory
(.Autostart). There you will find a file that controls your automatic CD
mounting. Just delete it. That will stop Konqueror from coming up. I am
not sure exactly where it is because I already deleted mine quite some
time ago. But that's where the problem is.

Benjamin