[kde-linux] Application applet in Kpanel system tray -- How much of a load? -- follow-up

Benjamin Sher delphi123 at zebra.net
Fri Jul 8 14:33:00 UTC 2005

Dear friends:

In other words, is adding an application to the KDE panel system tray
pretty much like a desktop shortcut as far as drain on system resources
is concerned?

Benjamin

I put about 10 applications in the KDE panel system tray: programs such
as OpenOffice, Mozilla, etc. Is that too much of a load on the system?
Would this be a problem as in Windows? I have a Dell 8200 Dimension with
1.8 Gig, 512 megs of real memory. Is it advisable to run them on a
regular basis from Kpanel.

Thank you.

Benjamin