[kde-linux] Konqueror question

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri Jul 8 01:55:17 UTC 2005

j Mak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could anyone tell me how to tell Konqueror not to open
> documents and images in its own window? I want
> documents and images open in their own dedicated
> applications.

There isn't one place to set this.  You can configure it for each MIME
type (file type).  Just right click a file of the type you want to
configure; choose "Properties".  When the dialog window comes up, you
should see a small button with the configure icon on it to the Right of
the "Type".  Click that "Button" and another dialog window comes up.  On
the "Embedding" tab, the radio at the top allows you to set: "show file
in separate viewer".  Then go back to the General tab and select the
application you want to use.

--
JRT