[kde-linux] Irritating Panel Problem

Jerry Smith jsmith at mt-vernon.com
Tue Jul 5 21:02:57 UTC 2005

When I open certain apps (Quanta+ for instance), the right control panel
where my dial-up icon is located expands to the right, so only a couple
of icons are visible. I must move the directional arrow dramatically, to
get other icons in view. Sometimes, if I close the app, the panel
returns to normal, but not always. Is this a bug or do I have something
configured wrong.

While I'm on the subject of my dial-up icon, if I inadvertently click on
"Quit" rather than on "Disconnect pp0" I lose the icon, and I don't know
where to go to get it back on the panel, other that rebooting. Where or
how do I get that icon on the panel without rebooting?
Jerry