[kde-linux] KDE Clock Applet Shows Wrong Time

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Wed Dec 28 12:46:31 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 28 December 2005 02:48, Jacob Jennings wrote:
> > I'm curious, you do that from the BIOS or have
> > another way?
> >
> > > However, the clock applet in KDE is displaying
> > > it as 04:36 when in fact the time is 11:38. I have
> > > done everything I know to do and have found no
> > > successful solutions, as shown by my mailing this
> >
> > And what happens if you just set the time you want
> > in KDE clock applet?
>
> Yes I set the hardware clock in the BIOS and when I
> set the time in the applet itself the time is
> different when I reboot (same problem as before).

Only suggestion I can provide:
If the problem comes from a corrupt configuration file you could try to rename
or move your HOME/.kde folder. KDE will create a new .kde folder (and you
will loose all your settings). See if that cures the problem and restore .kde
with your previous version and (if that worked) refine your search for the
corrupted file.

Good luck   Perry