[kde-linux] Correct Installation of Thunderbird and Firefox

Stefan Fuhrmann stefan at fuhrmann.homedns.org
Mon Dec 26 06:26:53 UTC 2005

> I have completed your suggestions, and now getting an error "can not
> find 'gksudo' " I will try to investage further.
When do you get this error?
I think gksudo is for gnome and you have not gnome, correct? When its only
missing , install via synaptic or over shell:
apt-get install gksudo
a good idea is also runnning first
apt-get update and
apt-get upgrade

but when you want a nice kde desktop distri have a look to www.kubuntu.org.
half year releases, so you are always up to date! with your software.
Suse is nice but not my favorite one. So if you are a newbie then it is a good
idea to have a look to kubuntu, There are also "live - CDs" available. So you
can have a look without installing.
When you have questions, just ask!

hth

stefan