[kde-linux] KMail filters

Thomas McGuire Thomas.McGuire at gmx.net
Sun Dec 25 00:10:20 UTC 2005

Hi dawizz,

On Saturday 24 December 2005 22:33, dawizz wrote:
> Dear KDE users,
>
> I'm using KMail, and I am wondering if I can copy my filter settings
> I'm migrating from one machine to another and basically I am copying my
> files. Has anyone a hint if this can be done, I think it can...
> But I am not sure how   ;-)
>
> I am using debian sarge with kde 3.3.
>
> with kind regards, dawizz
The filter settings are stored, together with the other KMail settings, in the
file $HOME/.kde/share/config/kmailrc .
You can try to copy that file to the machine you are migrating to, all your
KMail settings should be preserved (if you are lucky), including filter
settings.
If this causes problems of some sorts, you can try to manually copy only the
filter sections of that file.
Sometimes there are problems when using old settings files, I do not know how
KMail handles this. Just try!

Hope that helps,
Thomas