[kde-linux] Desktop Access (Show Desktop) button

Sagara Wijetunga sagaralists at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 03:21:02 UTC 2005

--- Werner Joss <werner at hoernerfranzracing.de> wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 20. Dezember 2005 10:24 schrieb Sagara
> Wijetunga:
> > When I click on the Desktop Access button, an
> error
> > develops, KDE pop up the following message:
> > Service
> > '/usr/share/apps/kicker/builtins/desktop.desktop'
> is
> > malformatted.
>
> hmm, strange.
>

> > Btw, what's the value of X-KDE-Library? Mine is
> > X-KDE-Library=DesktopButton.
>
> same here.
> I just add my desktop file here for comparison.

The diff shows your file and my
/usr/share/apps/kicker/builtins/desktop.desktop is the
same.

Could I clarify following with you:
1. Is the desktop.desktop is mentioned in your
/usr/share/apps/kicker/default-apps?

2. When you roll mouse over the Desktop Access button,
what shows as the comment? is it 'Show Desktop' or
'Show Desktop - A button that gives quick access to
the desktop when pressed'?

3. If you remove the desktop.desktop entry from
/usr/share/apps/kicker/default-apps and add a new
user, does the new user gets a Desktop Access button?

Sagara