[kde-linux] media:/ problem : how to configure?

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Sun Dec 11 12:06:12 UTC 2005

Am Sonntag, 11. Dezember 2005 12:38 schrieb Flavio Castelli:
> On Friday 09 December 2005 07:45, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > The "settings of media" are the contents of your: "/etc/fstab" file.
>
> Regarding what you've said, why under my "media:/" I don't see my remote
> shares? They're listed into /etc/fstab but here, with kde 3.4, I'm unable
> to see them.

the media:/ ioslave is for local harware only, not for remote ressources.
so it is no wonder it doesn't show your shares :)
btw. I think a lot of confusion about what media:/ does and what not is
related to some misunderstanding/misconfiguration w.regard to udev/hal/dbus
which are the underlying technologies.

werner