[kde-linux] dbus-launch in KDE

Sagara Wijetunga sagaralists at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 05:52:13 UTC 2005

Hi all

I tried to lauch dbus-launch per KDE session using
.desktop file in /usr/share/autostart/. I think the
D-BUS per-session daemon dbus-launch exits immediately
after it is launched and not available after login. It
should be available during the entire KDE session.

Is it possible to use a .desktop file KDE autostart to
lauch dbus-launch? If so, please highlight what X-KDE-
and other options should be used? If cannot, what
should be the recommended method to lauch the
dbus-launch per KDE session?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Sagara