[kde-linux] how to troubleshoot browser - http

Robert doisneau at sonic.net
Fri Dec 2 23:34:40 UTC 2005

At 03:03 PM 12/2/2005, you wrote:

>Do you have the same problem with firefox? Then its not a Kde problem,
>but something wrong with your basic system.

doing /sbin/route I get a strange destination that is not part of my
provider network but IANA

destination     gateway         genmask flags   use iface
192.x.x.0       *               255.255.255.0   U       0 eth0          (my
LAN)
169.254.0.0     *               255.255.0.0     U       0
eth0          (this one is IANA)
default         myLANgateway    0.0.0.0         UG      0 eth0

I never entered an IANA address. Is it possible for some hacker to modify
that table?
Another thing I found strange yesterday was that /etc/hosts and
/etc/resolv.conf were listed using more or vi reversed:
resolv.conf:
1 domain ...
2 search ...
3 nameserver ....

was listed as:
3 nameserver ....
2 search ....
1
How can the file be inversed?

my hosts lists :
127.0.0.1       localhost
192.x.x.1       mygateway
192.x.x.x       the troubled machine    www.mysite.com

my /etc/resolv.conf lists:
domain mysite.com
search mysite.com
nameserver 192.x.x.x (mygateway)
nameserver 209.x.x.x (my provider dns)
nameserver x.x.x.x (m provider other dns)

Laurie