[kde-linux] Screensaver problem; how to debug

Andy Pieters mailings at vlaamse-kern.com
Sat Aug 13 09:53:41 UTC 2005

Hi all

I'm having some problems running the screensavers on kde.

I have a dualhead configuration with two seperate instances of kde, am running
Fedora Core 4, and nobody on the Fedora Releases list was able to provide me
with assistance.

All of the screensavers in the list produce a blank screen.  AND what's more
is that if I choose the random screensaver (it gives a blank screen too), and
come back in the morning, I find that it has loaded hundereds of instances of
different screensavers.

Does anyone know how I can get the screensavers to work again, and how to find
out why the screensavers aren't singleton'ing?

With kind regards

Andy

--
Registered Linux User Number 379093
Now listening to [silence]

   amaroK::the Coolest Media Player in the known Universe!

   Cockroaches and socialites are the only things that can
   stay up all night and eat anything.
					    Herb Caen
--
--
Check out these few php utilities that I released

 http://www.vlaamse-kern.com/sas/