[kde-linux] Recalcitrant FTP in Konqueror

Bogus Zaba bogzab at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 18:38:26 UTC 2005

James Richard Tyrer wrote:

>I have nothing but trouble when doing FTP to my Earthlink web page using
>Konqueror.
>
>It takes sever iterations of "530" and "retry" to login.  Then it
>happens again when I change directories.
>
>Is there a timeout I can set somewhere?
>
>Now I have another problem.  It sometimes refuses to delete files.  It
>works part of the time.
>
>AND now, it has decided that it won't display previews of images part of
>the time and sometimes it only displays part of them in a directory.

Can't solve your problem but I can report that the Konqueror FTP
protocol support seems
to work fine for me when I connect to my isp's website manager for
uploading / deleting /
general file management. Your problem, might be more be more connected
to your remote
site. Have you tried to any other FTP destinations?

Bogus