[kde-linux] KDE 3.4 kicker crashes in Fedora Core 4

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Fri Aug 5 15:18:38 UTC 2005

On Friday 05 August 2005 02:55, BRUCE STANLEY wrote:
> I started having and increase in kicker crashes after installing
> the kdebase, kdelibs, and kdegraphics updates in the  FC4 Update dir

Hmm its funny you should mention that you think the crashes are related to the
sound server and then point out that the crashes increased as you installed
the kde updates but nowhere do you mention that you actually updated the arts
server as well. If not that may well be your problem.

On the other hand experience has told me never to update new releases. KDE is
quite adept now at updating its user configurations but if in doubt I always
make a new user account and if that doesnt have problems then I let kde
regenerate the original user acct by renaming its .kde folder.
  For safety though I prefer a new install with arts and the exact qt-copy
that the new version was made with and new user accts, after archiving the
emails etc.

andrew