[Kde-latam] 1st LAkademy - Call for Participation

Sandro Andrade sandroandrade at kde.org
Mon Feb 27 00:45:59 UTC 2012

Dear KDE Latin America Community,

In last years we have seen a number of new Latin American gearheads
bringing up their
valuable efforts to KDE community and helping us to make funky apps and great
workspace experiences. Certainly a number of nice KDE features are
direct by-products
of LA contributions, so thank you all for keeping KDE technology
always rocking around the world :)

It's been very rewarding to see KDE LA Community expanding from minor
local meeting in Brazil,
Argentina, and Chile to broader conferences like FISL, Latinoware,
Akademy-BR, and EncuentroLinux.

Continuing our efforts to a more integrated and effective LA
participation in KDE Community we are
happy to invite all LA fellows to the 1st LAkademy, to take place from
April 27th to May 1st, at
Porto Alegre (Rio Grande do Sul - Brazil).

LAkademy will be carried out following the guidelines of conventional
developer sprints, with minimal
talks to setup common background and define future actions for KDE-LA,
and most of time dedicated
to hack on KDE projects.

Already experienced KDE contributors are our major audience, but
potential newcomers are also
encouraged to join us at LAkademy, only requiring a referral from a veteran.

If you, KDE newcomer, are willing to attend LAkademy 2012 please ask
your referee to fill out your data
on the LAkademy webpage. If you are a KDE veteran and meet someone who
whould like to help us
improve KDE, please invite him to attend LAkademy 2012 and enter his
data on our webpage:

http://br.kde.org/LAkademy

We need to know all participants in order to have a budget to submit
for KDE e.V. and other sponsors.
We are striving for having available financial support for all those
who need it, so please fill out your
data by next wednesday (29th Feb), ok ?

Hope to see you all soon,
--