[KDE-Viê.t] Vietnamese translator status

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Thu Jul 19 10:11:23 CEST 2007

Hi everyone :)

I have created this email in advance, to be sent to my i18n projects
when I have been too ill [1] to read or write for two weeks. The
disease will eventually take me out of action completely, but we hope
this is just another relapse, and I will regain enough capacity to
continue contributing to some extent.

l will have submitted the most current translation files directly to
the project concerned. (My translation directory is over 3GB in size,
so I gave up on trying to mirror it online, especially since projects
have a tendency to call all my translation files "vi.po".)

My compendium is here [2]. The compendium is a work constantly in
progress, so it may contain old strings and a lot of unresolved
fuzzies. However, I hope it will save other translators time.

If I start to recover enough capacity to read and write, I will be
able to reply to occasional personal emails: please send any urgent
enquiries to my personal email address. It takes me quite a while to
catch up with list mail when I'm just starting to be able to read and
write again.

What happens from here? I'll be in touch if I can. Your good wishes
are much appreciated. :)

The longer I'm not in contact, the higher the probability that I
won't be able to return. My most recent severe relapse was five
months, but I am gradually catching up with things now. Past six
months, the probability of return may be very low.

To contact possible Vietnamese translators, please write to the Vi-VN
list at <vi-VN at googlegroups.com>. We haven't had many volunteers up
till now, but we hope that will change.

And most of all: I've enjoyed working with you. :)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

[1] Severe ME. See http://www.ahummingbirdsguide.com/

[2] http://www.riverland.net.au/~clytie/i18n/