[Kde-l10n-kn] Fwd: Final language list for KDE SC 4.4

shankar prasad prasad.mvs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 08:15:35 CET 2010

Hi all,

Below is the mail sent to main kde list, which says the Kannada(kn) will be
in next release of KDE 4.4!

First I would like thank all the volunteers (Vasudeva Kamath, Ashok Kumar
and Sushtrut Tendulkar) for their active participation in this translation
of kde 4.4! Though there is one more day to submit the translations, the
kdebase reached above 75% mark. The current status is about 81%! In fact
when we started the translation for kde 4.4, kdebase translations for
kannada was 2853 strings behind the threshold mark. The above said guys
worked really hard and made it possible. We could able to complete about
3700 during this period of 45 days! That was really great achievement! Most
of the translations were done by Ashok and Vasudev. I would like extend
special thanks to Vasudev Kamath who shown special interest and motivated to
Ashok and Sushrut to join this effort. Meanwhile we should also acknowledge
the efforts of the people who started Kannada translations of KDE.

Hoping you guys continue and make the kde translations in future and also I
expect to motivate other guys so that our team grows with big number. I also
advice you guys to promote the localized kde desktop and get the feedback
from the people, which will help us in further improvements.

Keep translating!

Thanks to all

Shankar