[Kde-l10n-kn] Present status and how far we are

Umesh Rudrapatna umeshrs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:19:16 CEST 2007

Snehitare,
With one more week left to go, and it is time to summarize the present
status on our work. As of now, we are now green on 3 of the 4 essential
mandatory stuff to be translated.
http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kde4/essential.php

But, we are running short of the target in kdebase by a large margin. Still,
we are only about 20% through. We need to make 75% of it. That means another
6000 strings remain untranslated.

As far as I know, Ramaprakasha, Mahesha, Manu, Adarsha have agreed to
complete whatever they have taken up, latest by 20th. I too will finish my
stuff by then. Paresh has said he will not be able to do about 500 strings.

I need to know the status of others too. For the time being, I consider 20th
to be the last day to send in your traslations. In any case, it looks quite
clear that we will not be able to meet the target in any way by 26th, the
date for tagging for beta 4. I need to plan for the future. So, I request
everybody to at least send a mail before 20th sending in all your files to
me.

vandanegaLu,
umesh