contributing to KDE Hindi

Raghavendra kamath raghu at raghukamath.com
Thu Jul 30 05:49:55 BST 2020

Hi Karunakar

On Thursday, 30 July, 2020 1:59:53 AM IST Guntupalli Karunakar wrote:
> Hi folks,
>   This might be the first mail on this list.
> (also cross posting to indlinux-hindi)

Welcome to the mailing list

> Now going forward, how to take it further, based on my experience
> putting down some points.
> Since a lot of work has been done earlier, it helps to learn from
> past, and also to keep consistency.

We definitely need a mentor and experienced person. Thanks for sharing the tips

> * Do read through Hindi translation style guide.
> http://fuelproject.org/newlook/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/fuel-translation-s
> tyle-and-convention-guide-hi.pdf This guide will help answer many questions
> on how to translate
> certain things. Also use the terminology to refer how to translate
> some commonly occurring terms.

This is very valuable. Thank you for sharing this.

> I will post again shortly on how to create translation memory from
> existing translations. This will help complete some part of
> translation faster, since Localize can suggest for common strings
> which already have translation in another file.

Looking forward to this.
If I may request you, when we have some decent number of people in team, can
we have a virtual meetup or workshop where you can show us how to work with
lokalize and svn etc.

Thank you

--
Raghavendra Kamath