Current Status

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jun 7 22:15:31 BST 2021

El dilluns, 7 de juny de 2021, a les 12:00:42 (CEST), Zayed Al-Saidi va escriure:
> Salam A'likom,
>
> Every Time I use KDE plasma desktop in Arabic, I get annoyed by missing
> translation. I get annoyed enough to resume the translation process :).  I
> have some question:
> 1- Is there anybody working in Arabic translation for KDE?

Not really, maybe, who knows.

At the moment you and me are the only two people subscribed to this mailing list (and i don't speak Arabic).

I created this mailing list recently because a few people on kde-i18n-doc mailing list mentioned starting to translate things to Arabic

https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-i18n-doc/2021-May/000505.html
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-i18n-doc/2021-February/000397.html

And i wanted them to join here to coordinate between themselves, but I guess they lost interest. I'm CC'ing them in case they are still interested.

If you are really really interested in translating things (and in becoming the team coordinator, which will involve a using a tool called svn, it's a bit scary at the beginning but not super hard for the use case we have here), please say so and I can try to find some task for you to start.

Best Regards,
  Albert