[Kde-kiosk] Profile mapping

Enrique Hernández Bello quique at osl.ull.es
Thu Mar 3 22:14:09 CET 2011

Hi guys! I need your help.

tok!* tok!* Is there anyone here?

First, my presentation. I'm Enrique Hernández and I'm the developer of
Bardinux, a Kubuntu derivated distribution for people of La Laguna University,
located at Canary Islands, from Spain.

I tried to map multiple profiles in KDE 4.4.5 without success. I followed
instructions like there are in these slides:
http://pascal.case.unibz.it/retrieve/2159/269_deploying_kde_part_3.pdf

My configuration is shown as follows.

### /etc/kde4/system.kdeglobals ####
[Directories]
profileDirsPrefix=/etc/kde-profiles/
userProfileMapFile=/etc/kde-user-profile
##########################

### /etc/kde-user-profile #########
[General]
groups=users

[Groups]
users=bardinux-default

[Users]
luser=bardinux-default
##########################

... and there is a softlink at /etc/kde-profiles/bardinux-default pointing to
/usr/share/bardinux-default-settings/kde-profile/default/

There was multiple attempts of configurations without success. I never got to
load a profile in this way. However, a 'prefixes' entry below [Directories-
default] works perfectly.

Any recommendations?

Thankyou for your support.

Greetings.