[Kde-kiosk] generic application specific configuration?

Ron tavxh at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 09:43:43 CEST 2008

I'm trying to figure out if there is something in KDE
to allow me to configure the behavior of my own
application's window in a different way than the rest
of the desktop windows.  For example, currently by
default pressing the left mouse button on the title
bar of a desktop window raises it and the middle
button lowers it.  Let's say for my application only
(and not for any other desktop windows) I want the
middle mouse button to raise it and the left button to
lower it.  I know I can have all the users
of that application do Alt+F3/Configure Window
Behavior and then manually change the key bindings
under Actions to accomplish this.  But rather than
forcing everyone to do that, how can I distribute a
config file to customize the
behavior of that one application without affecting all other
kde applications? (Actually there
are many more customizations than that single property
that I want to customize so a config file makes more
sense than forcing users to manually modify the app properties).

Is there a way I can write
such a config file and somehow associate the
application with it at runtime and have it behave
differently than the rest of the desktop windows?
Thanks in advance!

Ron