[Kde-kiosk] Kiosk profiles on two servers

Brobeck, Kenneth brobeck at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 15 21:32:34 CET 2008

Hi,

I just installed the kiosktool 0.9-2 on our RHEL4 x86_64 server of ours and it worked great.  I set up a kiosk profile and assigned two users.  I also setup kiosktool to copy over the profiles to another server (backup) and when I login with a user I have in the kiosk profile the backup server does not recognized the profile and gives them a full desktop.  When on the backup server and bring up kiosktool it does not list the profiles either.  All the users are from our nfs server so I know the users directory are the same.

Do I have to set up the backup server somehow to find the profiles.  I put the profiles in /etc/kde-profiles on both servers.  Eventually I will probably put them on the nfs server, but this is just a test for now.

Also are their any manuals available?

Ken Brobeck               |  Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC)
x2558                     |  650 926-2558
SLAC (Building 5)         |  MS 46
System Administrator      |  2575 Sand Hill Road