[Kde-kiosk] KRFB desktop

lash the core lash at ilb.ru
Tue Feb 12 05:52:46 CET 2008

Roel Berger пишет:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Short story: I am deploying KUbuntu in our company on 100+ systems. And
> it is necessary that we can watch along with our clients @ any time, for
> coaching and monitoring purposes.
>
> I have used the KDE kiosk tool to lock KDE down and enabled KRFB. We can
> watch along, everything works great.
> Just one thing I can not configure: I have to disable the warning that
> pops up when somebody connects to the system with VNC.
>
> Is this possible somehow using an option, or do I have to change source
> code?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Roel Berger
> IT, Azerti NV
Hello. VNC implementation from http://realvnc.com has a module for
X-windows system. After installnig it you have to include these line in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf:
Section "Module"
	Load                "vnc"
EndSection

and:

Section "Screen"
	Option  "SecurityTypes" "VncAuth"
	Option  "UserPasswdVerifier" "VncAuth"
	Option  "PasswordFile" "/etc/vncpasswd"
EndSection

There is one miss.. You can set only one password in /etc/vncpasswd.
Hope that helps.