[Kde-kiosk] Disabling KDE Menu and/or Ctrl-Escape

Lee.Hancock at shepway.gov.uk Lee.Hancock at shepway.gov.uk
Mon Mar 19 15:55:08 CET 2007

Hi,

I've setup a kiosk using KDE on FreeBSD 6.2 with access to certain web
pages using Opera's URL Filter.

I've installed and configured the profile I need for public users. I
have also disabled everything, except the KDE menu does not accept my
changes within Kiosk Admin Tool.

So if a user presses CTRL-ESC they get a pop up menu with various
applications.

How can I either 'wipe the KDE menu so it only displays a link to Opera
(or nothing at all)' or 'disable the CTRL-ESC key combo ?'

Shutdown is done via the power button by the reception staff, so I'm not
worried which way I do it.

If there is someone that can help me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks very much.

Regards,
--

Lee Hancock
Network Support Team Leader
Email: lee.hancock at shepway.gov.uk
<blocked::mailto:lee.hancock at shepway.gov.uk>

This message has been scanned with email filtering and
virus detection software by Shepway District Council