[Kde-kiosk] KDE Menu

mm at gnulinux.de mm at gnulinux.de
Sat Mar 3 19:30:58 CET 2007

Hi all.

I am using kiosktool 1.0 on my Slackware box to lock down users desks. Now I would really like to predefine a KMenu with specific applications for a defined user group.

I have selected 'Setup KDE Menu' form kiosktools KDE Menu section and created a new menu using kmenuedit. After saving the menu I tried to log in with a user account who uses the newly created profile and noticed that my changes to the kmenu were not applied.

The default Menu seems to be located at:

/opt/kde/etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu

on my machine. So what am I missing, here?

Best Regards
Marcus