[Kde-kiosk] Custom Menu Trouble

Murray Trainer mtrainer at gopc.net
Fri Jun 29 02:54:57 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I am trying to build a custom menu with only the entries I want in it
and none of the auto-included ones in the default KDE menu.  The menu
below appears but some of the entries, KMyMoney and Task Juggler don't
appear for some reason.  The .desktop files for these apps are on the
system.  Also template.desktop should run the OpenOffice start from
template program.  Instead it tries to start a dictionary program.  Any
idea why these things are happening.  I have automatically included a
list of all the apps at the top to help my development - hope that isn't
interfering with anything.  I am using SuSE 10.2 and have this menu as a
kiosk profile menu file.

Thanks

Murray

<!DOCTYPE Menu PUBLIC "-//freedesktop//DTD Menu 1.0//EN"
"http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/menu-spec/1.0/menu.dtd">
<Menu>
 <Name>SuSE</Name>
 <Directory>suse-main.directory</Directory>
<!-- Search the default locations --> <KDELegacyDirs/>
 <DefaultAppDirs/>
 <DefaultDirectoryDirs/>
 <Include>
  <Category>X-SuSE-core</Category>
 </Include>
 <Menu>
  <OnlyUnallocated/>
  <Name>Applications</Name>
  <Directory>suse-applications.directory</Directory>
  <Include>
   <All/>
  </Include>
 </Menu>

 <Menu>
  <Name>Office</Name>
  <Include>
   <Filename>calc.desktop</Filename>
   <Filename>base.desktop</Filename>
   <Filename>impress.desktop</Filename>
   <Filename>writer.desktop</Filename>
   <Filename>template.desktop</Filename>
   <Filename>kmymoney2.desktop</Filename>
   <Filename>scribus.desktop</Filename>
   <Filename>taskjuggler.desktop</Filename>
  </Include>
 </Menu>

 <Menu>
  <Name>Internet</Name>
  <Include>
   <Filename>evolution.desktop</Filename>
   <Filename>gaim.desktop</Filename>
   <Filename>MozillaFirefox.desktop</Filename>
  </Include>
 </Menu>

 <Include>
  <Filename>kde-KControl.desktop</Filename>
  <Filename>kde-Kfind.desktop</Filename>
  <Filename>kde-Help.desktop</Filename>
  <Filename>kde-Home.desktop</Filename>
 </Include>