[Kde-kiosk] getting started with Kiosk Admin Tool

Justin Mitchell jcmitch at uark.edu
Fri Jul 27 19:43:44 CEST 2007

I'm setting up a few machines to run in a university teaching lab.
The computers need to run one batch script (starts a program in
dosbox), take online quizzes and plot data in OOo.

Kiosk Admin Tool sounds perfect, but I can't get it off the ground.
I'm running Kubuntu 7.04 and I'm still quite new to KDE and Linux.

I log in to the computer as an admin, start Kiosktool, and try to add
a profile or configure the tool.  In either case I get an error
message saying that the program can't log on to host localhost.  I
get the same error if I supply the correct root password or not.

Am I missing another package?  Am I trying to do something kiosktool
is incapable of?  Am I dim?