[Kde-kiosk] Kiosktool crashes when try to save a profile menu

Pielage, Fiona fiona.pielage at Goodrich.com
Tue Dec 18 09:34:48 CET 2007

I'm a new Kiosktool user and I'm having a lot of prblems using the
Kiosktool.

Application Version

KIOSK Admin Tool 1.0 (using KDE3.5.1 Level "a" SUSE10) running on DELL
Precision 390

When try to save a profile menu I get the following error message in the
kconsole window.

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter 3)

  Major opcode 20

  Minor opcode 0

The changes are not saved to the profiles applications.menu file

/var/lib/kde-profiles/myprofile/etc/xdb/menus/applications.menu

Also getting warning

kmenuedit: WARNING: Could not read
/root/.kde-test/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu

and

kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available !!!

kiosktool: Ignoring new config file kmenueditrc

kiosktool: KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kdeglobals) not changed

Any help would be great!!

Rosemount Aerospace Limited.
Registered Office: Stratford Road, Solihull, West Midlands, B90 4LA.
Registered in England No. 02849033.