[Kde-kiosk] auto logout

H. Sami Sozuer sozuer at photon.iyte.edu.tr
Fri Oct 13 15:41:34 CEST 2006

Hi,

We have a Fedora Core 5 server installed and users get a kdm login
window from
other machines. They log into kde through this window. But they also
frequently
forget to logout of kde so,I'd like to be able to  automatically log
them out after
a certain period of inactivity.

Here's my ScreenSaver section in /usr/share/config/kdesktoprc

[ScreenSaver]
AutoLogout=true
AutoLogoutTimeout=10
Enabled=true
Lock=false
Priority=19
KBlankscreen.desktop
Timeout=10

The screensaver comes on after 10 seconds, then the autologout progress
bar appears
after  10 seconds, all as expected, but, when the progress bar counts
down to 0 seconds
nothing happens, no logout nothing. If I move the mouse or hit the
keyboard I'm back in
my session. Why don't I get logged out?

Any ideas?

Thanks