[Kde-kiosk] options background

Éric Bischoff ebischoff at nerim.net
Thu Oct 12 01:03:05 CEST 2006

Le Mercredi 11 Octobre 2006 23:15, Chris a écrit :
> linuxgirlie wrote:
> > Ok, it worked, will have to go round and do it to each computer. At
> > least I need to make a new image soon so all the ghosts will have the
> > correction.
>
> One thing you should look into for the future is SSH.  Generate a key
> for your machine and install the public key in
> /root/.ssh/authorized_keys on all the client machines.  Then you can
> easily script changes and not have to type in the root password hundreds
> of times.

Linuxgirlie, take my advice, never do such things, it's dangerous ;-).

A key should never be left passwordless [I assume Chris suggests a
passwordless key here, because otherwise you just have to type the password
as many times as before].

The reason is that if an intruder steals the key, he can enter without
password.

Also, direct ssh root access should be allowed only with care.

--
Les bonnes choses de la vie sont illégales, amorales ou font grossir.