[Kde-kiosk] Konqueror full screen mode problem

roach robert_spencer at mighty.co.za
Wed May 17 06:09:26 CEST 2006

On Tue, 16 May 2006 02:35:00 -0400
George Staikos <staikos at kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 16 May 2006 01:42, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > On Wednesday 10 May 2006 18:30, roach wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I running a kiosk that's presently using Firefox in full screen mode.
> > >
> > > I'm trying to port it over to Konqueror, but haven't been able to find
> > > out how to switch off the status bar & border surrounding the displayed
> > > page. Can anyone help.
> >
> > I don't think it's possible.
>
>   In fact it might be possible, but I've been removing many of the ways to do
> it.  From a security perspective, it's just awful.

Could you, please, expand on this. Why do you consider it a security risk?

> If it's really a specialized application it should probably be a custom
> app that wraps around KHTMLPart.

I'm not a programmer. :-(

> This way you can properly deal with other things such as popup
> windows.

Firefox has a modified user.js that stops pop-ups.

We're trying to make our Kiosk friendlier to the volunteers that
maintain them. Right now, everybody else is steering towards GNOME.

I was hoping between Kiosktool & the CGI kioslave (haven't found any
examples on how to get this to work though) to move everything across to
KDE. We where originally using FVWM.

--
Robert "roach" Spencer
Pietermaritzburg