[Kde-kiosk] Newbie stumper -- preventing users from exiting a kisok

Tom.Edwards at wyndham.vic.gov.au Tom.Edwards at wyndham.vic.gov.au
Thu Jun 29 00:17:53 CEST 2006

Hi Darrell,

Sounds like for what you're wanting to do, something like Kiosk cd
(http://kioskcd.com/) might do the trick, rather than playing around too
much with KDE kiosk.
It boots straight to a firefox browser, pointing to a site you nominate,
and you can limit users to certain domains - if you're planning it for your
webPACs, I can tell you that it has worked fine for ours!

Kind Regards,

Tom Edwards
Systems Librarian
Wyndham Library Service
Cnr Heaths & Derrimut Road
Hoppers Crossing 3029

ph. 9748 9333
fax 9748 9042
Ext 1934

tom.edwards at wyndham.vic.gov.au

WYNDHAM CITY COUNCIL - Please read this.
This e-mail, attachment or fax may contain confidential material which is
intended solely for the addressee.   If you have received this document by
mistake please promptly inform us by reply e-mail or by telephoning +61 3
9742 0777 and delete the e-mail and destroy any printed copy.  You must not
disclose or use information received in error.  If this matter requires an
urgent response we suggest that you not rely solely upon e-mail.  Thank you
for your time.