[Kde-kiosk] KDE Kiosk and OOo lockdown

Éric Bischoff ebischoff at nerim.net
Mon Jun 26 13:37:30 CEST 2006

Martijn,

(I'm not subscribed to kde-kiosk mailing list)

I recently stumbled on your message
	http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-kiosk&m=112867442005265&w=2

Quoting you:
	"Firefox has its own lockdown framework. For OOo I have no idea."

OOo has a compilation flag named
	--enable-lockdown
SUSE for example activates this flag for GNOME. Currently, there's no
implementation for lockdown in KDE backend in OOo.

If a distro does not compile OOo with this flag, there's simply no lockdown.

The source code for "KDE settings backend" lives in the OOo source tree in
	shell/source/backends/kdebe
I know how to implement the lockdown stuff from a technical point of view, and
I offer to do it now, but a little help from you kde-kiosk people would
really be welcome ;-).

Below is the list of settings that GNOME has implemented (perharps there are
more settings than that, I don't know, that stuff is simply _not_ documented
in OpenOffice.org). For each setting, there's a symbolic name, the name of
the setting in GNOME gconf, the name of the setting in OpenOffice.org, and
the data type.

Would you accept to review that list and for each entry, give the KDE
equivalent? That would make my work much easier.

Also, any comment on this project is welcome.

SETTING_WRITER_DEFAULT_DOC_FORMAT,
"/apps/openoffice/writer_default_document_format",
"org.openoffice.Setup/Office/Factories/com.sun.star.text.TextDocument/ooSetupFactoryDefaultFilter",
"string",
--
SETTING_IMPRESS_DEFAULT_DOC_FORMAT,
"/apps/openoffice/impress_default_document_format",
"org.openoffice.Setup/Office/Factories/com.sun.star.presentation.PresentationDocument/ooSetupFactoryDefaultFilter",
"string",
--
SETTING_CALC_DEFAULT_DOC_FORMAT,
"/apps/openoffice/calc_default_document_format",
"org.openoffice.Setup/Office/Factories/com.sun.star.sheet.SpreadsheetDocument/ooSetupFactoryDefaultFilter",
"string",
--
SETTING_AUTO_SAVE,
GCONF_AUTO_SAVE_KEY,
"org.openoffice.Office.Recovery/AutoSave/Enabled",
"boolean",
--
SETTING_AUTO_SAVE_INTERVAL,
"/apps/openoffice/auto_save_interval",
"/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto/command", // dummy, needed for
getTimestamp
"org.openoffice.UserProfile/Data/sn",
"string",
--
SETTING_DISABLE_PRINTING,
"/desktop/gnome/lockdown/disable_printing",
"org.openoffice.VCL/Settings/DesktopManagement/DisablePrinting",
"string",
--
SETTING_USE_SYSTEM_FILE_DIALOG,
"/apps/openoffice/use_system_file_dialog",
"org.openoffice.Office.Common/Misc/UseSystemFileDialog",
"boolean",
--
SETTING_DISABLE_UI_CUSTOMIZATION,
"/apps/openoffice/lockdown/disable_ui_customization",
"org.openoffice.Office.Common/Misc/DisableUICustomization",
"boolean",
--
SETTING_PRINTING_MODIFIES_DOCUMENT,
"/apps/openoffice/printing_modifies_doc",
"org.openoffice.Office.Common/Print/PrintingModifiesDocument",
"boolean",
--
SETTING_SHOW_ICONS_IN_MENUS,
"/apps/openoffice/show_menu_icons",

I hope that helps,

--
Si on ne peut pas toujours compter sur ses amis, on peut toujours compter son
or.